Monday, 28 July 2014

Friday 4th January 1929

Now is life very solid, or very shifting? I am haunted by the two contradictions. This has gone on forever: will last forever; goes down to the bottom of the world - this moment I stand on. Also it is transitory, flying, diaphanous. I shall pass like a cloud on the waves. I am impressed by the transitoriness of human life to such an extent that I am often saying a farewell - after dinner with Roger for instance; or reckoning how many more times I shall see Nessa.


V W

1 comment:

  1. I like this so much, how she noticed it!

    Most people, who are of course not geniuses, never have a sense for such things. They just think that whatever they experience is "just the way it is, and no one can do anything about it."

    It's so good that there are people like her who could sense these things beyond what ordinary people perceive :-)

    I'm sure you also perceive like her, that's why you posted this diary entry! :-)
    Oh how wonderful it would be for such people to be together..but since such people are rare, they find that others like them could be found from far away ..

    ReplyDelete