Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Helen Keller's Legacy



Helen Keller must be one of the most talented, intelligent, brave, courageous, thoughtful, and influential, activists of her time. 
From the terrible disease of scarlet fever as a child she became completely deaf, blind and mute. In a time where people didn't know how to aid disabled people, she rose above all expectations and taught the world how to live and breathe.

 Her teacher, Anne Sullivan broke through the isolation of near complete lack of language, allowing Helen to blossom as she learned to communicate. She was the first deafblind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. 

                                                     She was an incredible person.
 I encourage you to watch the play or film, 'The Miracle Worker', it cannot but help make you aware of how much you take for granted every single day. 

God will give strength to all who stand up against the crowd and rise above the limitations until there are none.




 "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do."





2 comments:

  1. wow her job is just fascinating, some times being not able makes you do a miracle
    to me it just proves the saying; "you do your best when no body expects you do"
    she did the same..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, as I can see from tutoring you you're pretty good teacher, and since I couldn't find any other way to contact you, I'm writing here with a request - could you talk to me on skype and give some hints how to make an ash sound ? Because I'm really struggling with this vowel. This is my mail : misia12123@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete