Sunday, 10 March 2013

My Mother





Who sat and watched my infant head, 
When sleeping on my cradle bed,
And tears of sweet affection shed?
My Mother.



When pain and sickness made me cry, 
Who gazed upon my heavy eye, 
And wept for fear that I should die? 
My Mother.



Who taught my infant lips to pray, 
And love God’s holy book and day, 
And walk in wisdom’s pleasant way? 
My Mother.



And can I ever cease to be, 
Affectionate and kind to thee, 
Who wast so very kind to me, 
My Mother?



Ah, no! the thought I cannot bear, 
And if God please my life to spare, 
I hope I shall reward they care, 
My Mother.



When thou art feeble, old and grey, 
My healthy arm shall be thy stay, 
And I will soothe thy pains away, 
My Mother. 


- Ann Taylor







"Happy Mother's Day"
 Marmy I love you!





3 comments:

  1. "Marmy?" :)

    That poem is very touching, and it is the reason why people should love their mothers unconditionally. I believe that every person should really love their mothers, even for those people who have never had a good relationship with their mothers... Mothers deserve to be loved no matter what, because every person came out of a mother's womb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be your Marmy, my precious girl,is one of lifes amazing gifts.You will be forever in my heart and mind until my dying breath. Why didn't any one tell me, when I was young, that being a Mother is one of the best things that can ever happen to anyone? When you were a baby to see your soft curly head across a crowded room was to see an angel dropped from the glories of heaven and the Lord chose me to be your Mummy,Thank you Lord from the bottom of my heart.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a lovely piece of poetry and expresses the true feeling of everyone around, no thing has ever been created with out mother; she is the symbol of creativity and love, infect she is gravitational force of love and care.
    i appreciate your post and one more thing, i followed you from youtube and so joined your blog.

    ReplyDelete