Sunday, 25 March 2012

We Read to Know we are not Alone

Someone wise once told me that we don't do things for a way out, we do it because we want others to know the same as us. All a human being wants is to be understood, to know they aren't the only one out there that has had the same thoughts as them, the same desires, the same passions and fears.

Last night I saw one of the most beautiful moving films that I have seen in a long time. It touched me to my very core, it whispered gently to me. It wasn't obviously proving, it was simply showing one way; a ray of light on a summers day. It was real, not fake. It was stark yet true. It was gentle but fierce. It was life and death. It was suffering with joy.  It was loneliness and yet a trail to finding for the first time. It was 'ShadowLands- the life of C.S Lewis'.
The great renowned man who wrote inspirational beauties such as 'The Lion the witch and the wardrobe' and 'The Screwtape letters', a man who listened and taught, who watched and needed, who felt and spoke.    

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”-C.S Lewis
 

2 comments:

  1. Everyone wants to be understood, and we are here to teach others, and vice versa. I have passions, failures, beliefs, fears. I also get scared to. I am human. I breathe. I laugh. I cry. I hurt. I bleed. I`m just like you In every demeanor. I am you, and you are I.

    Shadowlands? It`s on my bucket list. You know me for movies? TV, and I just don't mingle. I`ll watch It one day when It rains. I like Anthony Hopkins. He Is a wonderful actor, and I like the way he talks.

    CS lewis? Good choice, and what he created Is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thoughts. We all learn from each other. I read something that impressed me in a Holy Book, how ancient people were just like us in modern times: "Elijah was a man with feelings like ours."

    ReplyDelete